CAMPUS INFO & FAQs
Pacific Coast Learning Center operates as an independent coordination site for educational vendors. All vendors operate independently from one another, but work together to provide a convenient schedule and campus for our clients.
NEW TO GOOGLE CLASSROOM?
View our: HOW TO USE GOOGLE CLASSROOM INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO
WHAT ARE THE STUDENT FEES AND WHAT ARE THEY FOR?
Student Fees at Pacific Coast Learning Center (2022-2023 School Year)
Elementary Students (PreK-5th grade) = $80 per year
Middle School Students (6th-8th grade) = $175 per year
High School Students (9th-12th grade) = $250 per year
Student Fees (formerly known as “Campus Fees”) are collected annually from each student that attends our campus whether online or in-person. These fees are what make it possible for us to provide such an outstanding program for our students.
Fees are used to pay for the following items:
Cleaning of the Campus
Playground Equipment (sports items, picnic tables, etc.)
Study Hall (unlimited use on Tuesdays & Thursdays for grades 6-12 from 8:30 am - 4:15 pm)
ASB (Student Government) coordinator
Without charging these Student Fees, we simply could not provide a campus for our amazing vendors!
How can I get help registering for classes?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
I am not with a charter school. Can my student still enroll in classes?
- Absolutely! Our vendors welcome students from all variations of homeschooling.
- You can work out payment arrangements with each teacher directly by contacting them on the vendor's individual website.
Which charter schools are the vendors approved by?
- Each of our vendors are approved with most of the local charter schools. (Excel, Sage Oak, iLead, Sky Mountain, Blue Ridge, Cabrillo Point, Granite Mountain, Pacific Coast, Compass, Epic, National)
- We recommend you verify approval with the vendor and your charter school before you register.
Is Pacific Coast Learning Center a drop off campus?
- Parents of elementary students must remain on campus during lunch, and students in grades K-2 must be dropped off and picked up by a parent in each class. We do not have the staff to supervise children during the elementary lunch break, so parents must ensure their children are being supervised during this time.
- Middle school and high school students may remain on campus without a parent but must be in class, in study hall, or else be picked up by a parent when classes are over.
May high school or middle school students leave campus during lunch?
- PCLC is a closed campus, and all students must remain on campus during their lunch break, unless they are accompanied by a parent and driven off campus.
Do you require background checks and fingerprinting for all teachers and staff?
- Yes. In order to be an approved vendor, a teacher must get a Department of Justice background check.
- All teachers, as well as the church staff, classroom assistants, and substitutes have Department of Justice clearance.
- PCLC is a closed campus and students are expected to remain on campus during the entirety of their scheduled class days, including during lunch. We provide lunch options for purchase every school day and a lunch schedule is provided to parents and students.
Our campus doors are programmed with a fob system and every family is issued their own key fob to allow access to the building during instruction hours. Campus doors remain locked through the day, and only students and parents with key fobs are able to gain access into the building. Key fobs are only functional during class hours, and are deactivated when a family withdraws from our program. (Each family is required to purchase at least one fob for $25. Fobs can be re-used each year. Replacement fobs cost $25.)
PCLC also employs a security guard during campus hours to monitor our facility and parking lot and maintain safety expectations. All PCLC staff have radios to be able to reach campus security at any time.
Any adults on our campus must wear a PCLC-issued lanyard at all times. Parents are encouraged to question any adult on our campus not wearing a PCLC lanyard.
All members of the PCLC staff are CPR certified.
If you have specific questions regarding the learning center,
please call or email us at:
(714) 766 - 4870