PCLC FACILITY AGREEMENT
**Please note that PCLC is not a charter school vendor, and therefore, no charter school funds can be used to pay for PCLC facility fees.
Pacific Coast Learning Center aims to provide every family in our program with a positive, orderly, and safe environment that is conducive to learning. In order to facilitate this it is mandatory that every family choosing to participate in classes at PCLC agree to the following policies.
Please read through all the policies and sign below to accept all.
Your electronic signature is as equally binding as a manual signature.
In the event of a medical emergency, I hereby authorize the diagnosis and treatment by a qualified and licensed medical professional, of my child(ren).
Permission is also granted to PCLC and its affiliates including, teachers, staff and volunteers to provide the needed emergency treatment prior to my child’s admission to a medical facility. I understand that PCLC does not have a nurse on site. This release is authorized with the purpose of authorizing medical treatment for the protection of my child(ren) in my absence.
PCLC often takes photographs or videos of child(ren) during its classes, activities, and events. I grant permission without compensation for these photographs or videos to be used to promote PCLC. PCLC agrees to not identify me or my child(ren) by name or release any other personal information without additional written permission from me.
FACILITY FEE AGREEMENT
I agree to pay the facility fee of $80 for a single student or $120 for two or more students. I understand that my student(s) may not begin taking any classes offered at PCLC unless this form is signed, and the facility fee is paid in full. I understand that my facility fee is non-refundable, even if I withdraw my student(s) from classes during the current school year. I also understand that I am responsible to pay this fee myself and that charter funds may not be used to cover this cost.
- All parents and visitors must wear a PCLC-issued security lanyard on our campus. This is a mandatory policy required by our landlord and is for the safety of PCLC students and for the preschool students we share a facility with.
- One lanyard is provided to every family prior to attending classes.
- Additional lanyards may be purchased for $3 each from the PCLC office.
- On special event days, security lanyards will be loaned to guests and must be returned on that same day.
- Any adult on campus not wearing a lanyard will be questioned as to their reason for being on campus and asked to either put their lanyard on or promptly leave the campus.
- All elementary students (K-5) must be supervised by a parent between classes and at lunch. Elementary students not in class and younger siblings must be accompanied by a parent at all times. There is no PCLC staff responsible for student supervision.
- Any unsupervised children will be sent to the PCLC office until they are retrieved by a parent. Repeated lack of supervision may result in expulsion from our program.
- Parents may leave campus while their student is in class but must return prior to the end of class.
- Middle school and high school students may remain on campus without adult supervision as long as they are attending consecutive classes without breaks longer than the 15 minute passing periods or the 45 minute lunch break. Any students needing to remain on campus outside of these break periods must speak with PCLC staff about supervision arrangements.
- Middle school and elementary students must remain on campus during the lunch break unless accompanied by an adult. No students will be permitted to leave without supervision on Tuesdays or Wednesdays.
- High school students may leave campus during the 45 minute lunch break. It is not the responsibility of PCLC to verify that students have parental permission before leaving campus. Students are expected to obey their parent’s directions about leaving campus.
- On days with extreme weather, PCLC may mandate that no students may leave campus during lunch. In this event, PCLC staff will arrange for lunch to be purchased on campus.
- Any students wanting to attend classes with friends or family as visitors must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of their stay on campus, and such students must check in with the PCLC office staff and complete a liability waiver and emergency contact form.
- It is the responsibility of parents to arrange for the drop off and pick up of their own students. PCLC does not oversee transportation in the parking lot. It is expected that students and parents know transportation arrangements.
- If students are not picked up within 15 minutes of the end of their last class, a citation will be issued and repeated citations may result in suspension or expulsion without a refund.
- Parents and students are not permitted to loiter in classrooms or hallways and are not permitted in any preschool designated areas at any time. During classes, parents are welcome to wait on the picnic tables by the playground or on the benches in the church courtyard. Parents are welcome to bring their own chairs to use in the courtyard as well.
- Students who are late to class will be cited and repeated citations may affect class grades and/or result in suspension or expulsion.
- The playground area is shared with Little Light Preschool. When preschool students are on the playground, it is understood that no PCLC children or parents can be on the playground at that time. This is for the security of the students of both entities
- PCLC and Calvary Chapel Pacific Coast are separate organizations, so all PCLC concerns should be directed to PCLC staff only.
- Disruptive or disrespectful behavior toward teachers, staff, parents, or fellow students will not be tolerated. Repeated unfavorable instances may result in the guilty party being expelled from class with no refunds on tuition or facility fees.
- PCLC staff and volunteers are not responsible for any damages incurred while traveling to/from, participating in, or in some manner connected with the participation of any PCLC class or program.
- In the event that any campus property is defaced by a student or parent, it is understood that the replacement or repair of that property is the responsibility of the parent.
- It is expected that students complete their own work in PCLC classes. Students caught cheating or plagiarizing will automatically fail the assignment or test and a citation will be issued. Repeated offenses may result in failing the class, suspension, and/or expulsion.
- No guns, knives, or weapons of any kind are permitted on the PCLC campus at any time.
- Recreational drugs or any forms of tobacco or vaping devices are not permitted to be in the possession of any student while on campus. If students bring such items to our campus or any off-site PCLC event, student will be automatically suspended or expelled.
- Profanity or offensive language is not permitted at PCLC. Failure to speak with respect to others will result in a written citation and repeated offenses may result in suspension or expulsion.
- Professionalism and modesty is expected from students while attending classes or off-site PCLC activities. No tank tops may be worn by male or female students unless covered by a sweater, shirt, or sweatshirt. Unless specified by a holiday or special event, no pajamas or slippers may be worn to class. Short shorts or skirts (shorter than student’s fingertips while standing with arms at sides) must be worn over leggings. Attire that does not comply with these rules, or clothing that is revealing, inappropriate, or offensive will result in the wearer being cited and being asked to change clothes or leave campus. Repeated dress code violations will result in suspension or expulsion.