An independent private school program for families not using charter schools or filing their own affidavits.
WHAT IS PROVIDED BY PACIFIC COAST SATELLITE ACADEMY?
- Enrollment by completed application with Pacific Coast Satellite Academy registered with an annual Private School Affidavit in the State of California.
- Acquisition of Student Cumulative Files from previous school (if applicable).
- Set-Up and maintenance of Student Cumulative Files including:
- Personal information: name, birth date, address, birth certificate, enrollment date
- Assured compliance with all prescribed state standards
- List of courses of study provided each year while enrolled in PCLC courses or outside venues
- Grades, transcripts, or progress reports as appropriate
- Additional records, as needed
- Two 60-minute guidance counseling appointments (once per semester) with parents for course planning, work sample submission, etc.
- Student ID card for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Teacher (Parent) ID card for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Work permits for students, if applicable
- Assistance with setting up dual enrollment at community colleges, if applicable
- High School Diploma (separate fee applies)
- Additional Guidance Counseling Appointments available for an additional fee.
- Career Planning Workshops for High School Students, offered throughout the year (additional fees apply)
HOW MUCH DOES PACIFIC COAST SATELLITE ACADEMY COST?
- Non-refundable Application Fee of $25 per family, for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Non-refundable Individual Student Fees (for the 2021-2022 School Year):
- each Elementary Student (K-5): $175
- each Middle School Student (6-8th): $325
- each High School Student* (9-12th): $450
WHY CHOOSE A PSP vs. FILING YOUR OWN AFFIDAVIT?
- It’s like hiring a tax professional to file your taxes vs. filing on your own.
- Your homeschooling plan is created and managed by a professional Guidance Counselor.
- Your privacy is protected more fully than if you file your own PSA (and your personal information becomes public information).
- Some families feel that a high school diploma issued by an outside entity carries the perception of being more “official.”
- Private schools with six or more students automatically show up on lists of California private schools, so large homeschool families might prefer not to have their personal information on a public list.
- PSA filers with fewer than six students occasionally run into situations where the legitimacy of their private school is questioned because most outsiders don’t realize that the California Department of Education’s list of private schools is only schools with 6 or more students.
- Our PSP offers you the benefit of working directly with a professional Guidance Counselor who can provide additional expertise and validation of your student’s educational program.
- Many families who are new to homeschooling have many fears about creating a “legitimate” schooling experience or are unsure how to plan their child’s education; by joining a PSP, you will be given clear direction from a Guidance Counselor about planning your child’s education and a recordkeeping process to follow.
- If a student is leaving a traditional school under hostile circumstances, sometimes it is easier to have the Guidance Counselor of the PSP contact the previous school for the student’s records.
- Parents are prohibited from signing a Work Permit, even if the parent is the child’s school director. It’s often very challenging to get a Work Permit through the public school district if you are under your own PSA. Our Guidance Counselor can assist students in obtaining a work permit for your student.
- The Guidance Counselor of the PSP can also provide guidance in completing the proper paperwork for concurrent enrollment at a community college and high school program.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR ENROLLMENT AT PACIFIC COAST SATELLITE ACADEMY?
Please complete the form below for your family. Additional program information, including a schedule of required actions by you as the parent, will be provided to you after completing the form below.
WANT TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT TO GET MORE INFORMATION?
Book an Appointment with Mrs. Kokosenski by clicking HERE.
Rachel Kokosenski, M.Ed
Pacific Coast Satellite Academy